Sunday, January 16, 2011

floods of sadness


hi all.. i haven't been on my blog this last week as my neighborhood has experienced the most devastating floods.. our home was spared by the grace of God, but there have been at least 4 homes from up the road, just taken away by the fast and furious waters on Monday 10th January..there are still people missing.. i am sure you will join me in praying for all the areas affected by these widespread floods.. i know in the weeks to come i may need my scrapping as a therapy, but for now, each day i hope brings some healing for all those dealing with the loss and heartache from this natural disaster...thank you dear blogger friends.. i hope you all are safe and well.. take care.. love lizzy..xx
the first photo shows the water level on the bank, if it had come over the bank i would have had seconds to get on the roof of my house with my daughter who is 10 years old.. the second photo shows the water just pushing past our bottom fence and charging towards the creek bank.. this photo doesn't show the width of the creek which was unbelievable..xx

11 comments:

  1. Glad you and your family are safe. It is truly unbelieveable.....all that water and its power to create so much heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all OK, and thinking of you and your neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lizzy, how terribly sad for you, your family, your friends & your community. I can only assume you are located in / near to the Lockyer Valley? That area was certainly hit much harder than most. I am so glad you are all safe, but my heart breaks for the devastating losses that so many have suffered. My thoughts are with everyone for the many difficult days of grieving & rebuilding that still lie ahead. Take care. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we see this on the news i am so happy you are ok and your family.But i understand that this will make you grazy..
    Take care hugs,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. im sooooooo glad you are ok..... omg that was just terrible what happened there.... my aunt and uncle live at Murphy's Creek and they thank god were ok too..... they live on top of a hill and all they got was a landslide and loss of fence, ........ my thoughts and prayers are with you....... and all the people still missing, and the ones that lost their loved ones in this devastating event

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so glad your okay Lizzy, so scary and devastating ....my thoughts and prayers are with all effected xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your community Lizzy, as with all those affected by these devastating floods. So pleased to hear your home was spared and that you and your family are all safe xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzie, my thoughts and prayers are wih your family and those around, you , I still have trouble coming to terms with it all, just too devastating and heart breaking, I hope you can try to find some therapy in your scrapping as I certainly need too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lizzy, I am so glad to hear you are okay....I cannot believe the devastation and loss our state has endured in such a short time. Thinking of you and your family and those around you. I'm glad I brought just a little bit of sunshine to your day in this most difficult time. Hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lizzy..I have been wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad you & your family are safe. My prayers go out to y'all.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizzy pleased you are OK,its a terrible terrible time for all involved,Hugs ((Trish))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!