Thursday, January 22, 2015

OFF THE RAILS & CHALLENGE YOURSELF jANUARY

A very good day to you, I hope your day is going as well as can be!

I have combined 2 of this months challenges in my next layout.. I read and reread the rules and it is allowed so I have used the color palette from OFF THE RAILS SCRAPBOOKING which looks like...
(I have used the 3 colors as well as a beachy photo,)

and I have combined it with Challenge YOUself January challenge which is..

 Challenge YOUrself #14: One Little Word
Choose a word that you will focus on and reflect upon all through the year and create a layout that celebrates your chosen word.
Remember to include YOU in the photo :)


 
For the last few years I have seen how instead of a new years resolution, people would choose a word for the year to come.. I have always thought about it, but never really committed to a word.. This year I have.. 

and my layout is about this word...

And my inspiration includes words from one of my favourite songs at the moment.. and I have printed some lines of the song on my photo....

some close ups ...
  I have used some of the confetti that came out of the frame die on a few of the waves, just gluing it on for some interesting elements.. I have used some Scrapmatts frames, some 2Crafty chipboard painted black, and some dies..



and there you have my word......

Fear - less...


I love the song Oceans which contains the words..

 I will call upon your Name
and keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in your embrace
For I am yours and You are mine...

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Where ever you would call me...

I want to fear - less, that does not mean I wont be afraid, but I want to have less fear, more courage...     with Gods help...


I have put the link up for those who would like to just take a moment and listen to this beautiful song.. 




 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZE2RsthRg





 

 Thanks for coming by.. and as always I do appreciate any comments you leave me to read...

28 comments:

  1. Your lay-out is truly amazing! The mix of yellow and black is so beautiful and really makes the photo stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful phot and a great layout and word. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! That's a great word to match a lovely page.....your ocean pages always seem so calm & serene...adore the black/yellow combo & the confetti sprinkled round is a fab finishing touch!!! So happy to see you joining us at Off the Rails this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzy! What a wonderful, wonderful post! I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous photo and the message of your layout! Thank you, Lizzy, so much for joining us this month at Challenge YOUrself! We are really happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for a focus word, Lizzy. The layout is beautiful with the pretty diecuts and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great page, love all the black elements, lifts the page :) have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is simply stunning!! What a great word to embrace for 2015... I love the lyrics of that song, reminds me of the words in 2 Timothy 1:7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Beautiful Lizzy. A very calming feeling with this layout. I love how you have combined the colours and that is a great word to live by. I usually go and sit in the park at the beginning of the year and think about my word for the year and jot down goals etc. Here it is half way through the first month and still have not done this, it is my mind everyday to do it. Maybe my word should be ~ take time
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page....love the confetti, such a stunning little detail. We all need courage to be less fearful...and your faith just shines through this page and the song ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page Lizzy and I love the beautiful colouring! I love your OLW....and I wish you many blessings to fulfil the sentiment! That photo is a stunner too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The black and yellow work perfectly with the B&W photo......fabulous layout, Lizzy. Love the confetti and you've chosen a great word for the year too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful... a great inspiration and I love your quotation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo striking Lizzy. You have certainly rocked these challenges. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The background detail is fabulous. So striking and bold, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous layout Lizzy. You nailed the challenge at Off The Rails Scrapbooking. Thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely! Love your background and great OLW. Your messages and journalling are very powerful! Best of luck in your OLW journey. So glad you shared your wonderful creation with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow Lizzy, this is bold, brilliant and beautiful, love it so much x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how I missed this ,the quote is great and I love the black and yellow,very striking!..awesome LO

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful Lizzy, its positive and bold like your song! I love the idea of embedding confetti in the texture paste, so clever! Always a treat to visit your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just LOVE your background. The use of the little bits of 'confetti' is also creative and a clever way of using those little bits that come out of a die-cut. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your background work is out of this world! And that photo! WOW! Thanks for playing along with us over at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic! Love all the tie ins with the song and wow, those matts are awesome!! Kate (Challenge YOUrself)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE!!! Lizzy those frames are fabulous! You have rocked this. Thanks for joining us at OTR xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lizzy, you never disappoint me! This layout is beautiful! You have nailed the board, and the use of chippy is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails. X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Speachless... OOOh what a gorgeous layout. I soo love the texture in the background and the finess of the details in your page. Great choice for your OLW. Loving this page. Thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself and good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love, Love, LOVE this. Beautiful photo on a beautiful page. I need to print more in B&W. Thanks for joining in on our fun at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have to tell you, I am DROOLING over this layout - I LOVE the colors, feel, textures..... ALL OF IT!! - you make me want to leave work early and run home to create something!! - Love the "confetti" and the white film strip - so cool! I never thought of cutting one out in anything other than black! Thanks for playing along at The Challenge YOUrself Blog! I am now a "follower" of your blog too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!