Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Scrapbook Store, Feeling Sketchy #113 & Cardabilities #115

A very good day to you! Really lovely of you to drop by!

I have done a bit of creating in this hot weather, sure beats house work!! So I had better share it here!

The sketch for THE SCRAPBOOK STORE this month is another great sketch which I have used like this..
 I have used some really old Bo Bunny papers that I found while looking for something to use.. really bright and now they fit in the category of "what was I thinking when I bought them and how do I use them up" !! hehe.. so I gessoed the back page because it was one of those green shades that just dont fit in my usual color scheme and then I piled on lots of MM and then I fussy cut lots of flowers from another page..  I also have chipboard that has been lying dormant in my drawer, so out came some Scrapmatts chippies and I used them as well..

So some closer views of the fussy cutting and layering up with cardboard..





And my layout..

Smile..

And yes embrace the warp from all the mixed media on the back ground.. !! will look ok once it is in the album...

And while I had those papers out and wanting to use them up I decided to make some cards.. So I looked for some card sketches and created a card for FEELING SKETCHY #113 which looks like..

and my card...


and also for CARDABILITIES #114  and the sketch..

and my card...


I hope your day is going well and thanks so much for your comments too!!

 

26 comments:

  1. love your card for FS, so bright and sparkly, thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I love your creations, Lizzy. Your fussy cutting is amazing.......so much patience. The cards are soooo pretty and your layout looks fabulous, warp n' all.......warps are good. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been busy busy ! these are all so bright and so much fun! love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have so much to share Lizzy, I don't know how you do it!! Love your layout so bright and cheery and the background is awesome!!! Love both the cards too, absolutely stunning as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been hot here too...I agree crafting over housework LOL! I really love how you used the colour...so bright and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bold, bright flowers on your projects....& the way you've 'worked' that bg is fabulous!!! The brickwork is really nice! The frame around Nisha's face with those daisies is sooo pretty! And yup! Scrapping is much better than work in this hot weather - although we've had a couple of days break from it, thank goodness. It's draining!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects, Lizzy! I love your interpretation of the sketch. Everything works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Lizzy...love all the fussy cutting and your layers, and layers, and layers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gooooodnesss.... Do you ever have an eye for texture and color! Your work is so inspiring. I love the bright, funky layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work Lizzy,lots of fussy cutting and masking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Lizzy......love all the layering of flowers. The lace framing the photo is a pretty touch. Great cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful!! love the colors!!! and the cards are amazing too, I really like the flowers on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout, great design, you rocked this sketch! Adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always your creations are beautiful Lizzy, love all the layering in your layout and the cards are lovely
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, glad you found those old papers for your projects. They look so bright, bold and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So colourfull! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous use of the sketch - I like the bg netting~ Thanks for joining in at Cardabilities~

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great page Lizzy and I love that design! I still have some of these BoBunny papers too and they are bright and happy and certainly make for happy pages too! Great cards too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gotta love Gesso hey Lizzy, awesome job of toning down the original colour of the background. These projects make me feel so happy, love the bright, funky flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So bright and happy. Your projects look great, and makes me smile. And yes, embrace the warp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your intepretation using the Cardabilities sketch rocks. Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah Lizzy all three projects are gorgeous. I love those papers and I think I still have them in my stash :D I love the fussy cut flowers and the mm on the layout. Your daughter is gorgeous :) the shaker feel card is so clever and the last one very elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketch :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. There is nothing better than crafting in this hot weather and I love what you've created- thanks for joining in with us at Feeling Sketchy- such a bright and happy card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely layout and cards. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty card and the fussy cutting is great. Thanks for joining ~ Michelle FS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!