Saturday, January 09, 2016

KRAFT + January .

A warm hello to you! I hope your day is going well! The days sure are galloping along quickly!

The January challenge for KRAFT + is one that had me thinking and I took quite a few days to get this layout done. It is to..
use hand writing on my layout.. and I thought about some significant story I could tell.. I like to create because the actual creating is enjoyable, but for this layout I really wanted to find a little story to tell that has not really been told before..  and so I went with this..

I think most people would know my youngest daughter is adopted, and the journey to bring her home took more than 8 years. There are many stories I could tell from that time but one in particular is what I have used for my layout.  A few years before we were even close to being allocated, sorry but that is the hard truth of it, the red tape and paper work was horrendous,  we felt like numbers on a waiting list at times, you just tried not to let the emotion of it all get to you.. anyway I was shopping and I saw this beautiful little dress that I held for some time in the shop and then I decided this was going to be the dress our daughter was going to wear on her dedication day at church.. so I bought the dress and it stayed in a cupboard until probably 3 years later, our daughter wore it for her dedication. And my layout..

some closer views..
layers and the hand written title.
a little photo of the dress.
a closer look at my journalling. I cut out a little dress shape to write it in.

This dress.
A little bit of stamping stencilling and mist on the back ground too..

Well thanks so much to KRAFT + for this challenge, I may not have told this story otherwise..  A special story for my daughter who we longed for so very much and were just so very happy to have her home.

Thanks for coming by and seeing this layout I have created..  I love reading your comments too..

19 comments:

  1. A gorgeous LO Lizzy and a heartfelt story,a wonderful memory to preserve,just beautiful as is your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Love your 'faith' saying. So true!! And man, you guys stepped out in faith on the road to getting your girl, right? LOOOOVE your story. Love that you used a dress shape to journal it on. That picture is soooo beautiful. Her personality really shines through & the pretty, pretty embellies support your page to perfection. I'm watching you win prizes all round the show & it's so well deserved. Your scrapping really makes me happy! Oh, and thanks for sharing with us at K+!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzy! I must say, I got tears in my eyes when I read your post and saw you layout! Being an adoptive mom myself really made me emotional when I saw this! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous, touching and simply amazing. That photo of your daughter says it all - what a smile she has! (I remember purchasing a similar dress for Anne when we were waiting for her, too!) Anyway, I want to let you know how much I love this page and I also thank you for your wonderful visit to my blog. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee that you bought the dress before you had her!! LOVING the journaling on the dress and her beautiful smile just says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, touching layout,Lizzy! Our son was adopted from Peru, so I know all the emotions that go along with the process as well. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous page, enchanting photo and a heartwarming story. A new fave for me Lizzy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful layout and story. A long road to have your beautiful daughter with you, but gosh that photo and glorious smile says it all. I love how you have the dress embellishment and put your journalling in a dress form. A very special and I am sure will be treasured layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. This is beautiful. Both the layout and your story. Glad you didn't give up on the adoption despite it being so emotionally draining. It is such a meaningful layout for your girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh such a gorgeous layout, so pretty, love the faith saying and thank you for sharing your story of your daughter, so touching thank you!! thanks for joining us at Kraft Plus

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cut out dress is a clever idea for your journaling. Your layout is what scrapping is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful memory to record and perfect for this challenge! Your page is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful, Lizzy. I love the little cut out dress. Such a beautiful memory. It will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful story and you have documented such a special time in your lives so stunningly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exquisite layout and so perfect for your story. Nine of my grandkids are adopted, so we are quite the rainbow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Lizzy!! What a lovely, heartwarming story and what a stunning layout to record it on. The photo of your daughter is so beautiful .. that lovely smile just lights up the page. Love that you wrote the journaling on the dress shape and the layers under the photo and the flower clusters are perfection!! The faith quote is so very apt for you must have had a ton of faith to have kept going through all the trials and tribulations in getting your daughter home. An exquisite page to treasure for many years to come. Love, love, love this!! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely story. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! She was so worth the wait though! I remember our own journey with adopting Bianca...it was part of the family so it was a nominated adoption...but we still had to trace her biological father and get him to agree to the adoption. It took long and my nerves were shattered...I was so afraid that something will happen and they will take her away before the process was complete.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely Gorgeous. Just love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet, your story brought me to tears! So happy your dream came true. Lovely to see you're still busy scrapping and blogging! (I've been absent for a while!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful story, and you have done such justice to the layout and the story. I am sure your daughter feels blessed to have you as a mother.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!