Monday, February 01, 2016

ARCHISCRAPS & WHITE WITH ONE FEBRUARY..

And turning over the calendar for a new month we say  hello to February!
Thanks for coming on by.
I have two design team creations to share as the new challenges go up for the new month!

The first is for ARCHISCRAPS and it is to be inspired by this photo..
and to use clocks whether they be stickers, stamps or rubons..  and I have created a card this month..

I have used some clocks cut out of acetate from Kaisercraft..  You can post your entry on the blog HERE!!

And the new color for WHITE WITH ONE is

chocolate!!
Now i admit this one has been one of the hardest layouts to get done.. and just quietly I am not too happy with it but the weather here has zapped me and I just did not want to try again.. I stuffed up the back ground and then covered it with gesso but still it looked yuk so I ended up covering it up with doileys... The creative team have some wonderful inspiration so please make sure you check them out..

And my layout..
 Those lovely resin feathers were sent to the CT to use on our layouts from THE RESIN RAINBOW which has an etsy shop where you can buy these fabulous embellishments.. Lots of designs to choose from..

Remember this moment..
The rings, the border the feathers and the stars are all resin pieces from the Resin Rainbow.
Make sure you check out the other DT layouts HERE!!!

And in case you have been wondering like I was why your follower numbers were decreasing, it has to do with Google accounts with Blogger..

Important message for our followers

Changes from Google

In the past week many bloggers have noticed a decline in their followers. Below is the reason why this is happening.
If you follow my blog through another search engine you will no longer see it in your feeds. If you want to continue to follow my blog then you must have a google account. 
Its unfortunate this is happening as I personally don't like these types of changes but there's not much we can do about it.
Please read below about the change and I encourage bloggers to post it as well.

FROM GOOGLE:
Changes to Blogger's Google Friend Connect
Blogger has made some big changes to
how we follow blogs
so read on to see
if these new rules will affect you!

From Google: We announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.
As part of the plan starting the week of Jan.11th, 2016 we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.
We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.
We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.
                                        ...................................................................................
 
So thanks so much for dropping by and thanks so much for your lovely comments, they really do mean a lot!!
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Your card is super pretty, but that layout...WOW, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Lizzy! Welcome to February! Time flies, doesn't it? I love both of your projects! The card is absolutely gorgeous and such a great take on the challenge. And your layout is STUNNING! That photo is amazing and you scrapped it to perfection here! I want to thank you for sharing the google message, too. And I LOVED reading the rules of chocolate! Thanks also for your wonderful visit to my blog! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Lizzy! Beautiful! The layout is lovely. I think it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love them both!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the layers, the textures!! And that photo on your lo ... GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and your layout is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Lizzy and I wouldn't be so hard on yourself with your layout, I wish my layouts that I am not happy with looked that good ! It looks very effective and dramatic with the black and white. Love the photo.
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog, I am on the mend and looking forward to my year starting from February .
    Love Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely get well card and well done with your layout too. I hear you about not being satisfied with the result and glad you went ahead with it anyway. To me it looks creative and arty with the silhouette photo. TFS the bizzo about the blog. Why does google always have to fiddle with things when they are not broken?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very pretty card. Your layout is gorgeous too...love the silhouette photo of your darling daughter. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. I hear you about not being completely happy about your layout. I think it's lovely. But sometimes we have hits and sometime misses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!