Wednesday, June 08, 2016

FUNKY FLAIR JUNE CHALLENGE & FEELING SKETCHY #146

A big Hello to you! Thanks so much for coming by! I hope your day is going well.. It is a cool but lovely day here in this part of the world!

I have finally made time to join in with the challenge over at FUNKY FLAIR INSPIRATION STUDIO which is a really soft lovely moodboard and to use the word LOVE on your layout as well as some funky flairs!!  While the board seems to say Wedding layout, I went with a photo of my daughter and a horse she loved that we had here for a few years. He wasn't ours but we loved him.. and she was so sad when the owner decided to come and take him..
Here is the lovely mood board..
Isn't that so pretty!
And some closer views of my layout..
A Funky Flair in that cluster.
and a Funky Flair in that cluster!!

This moment..
I have used a Kaisercraft rose stencil and water color on my background.. some dies, flowers and fussy cut images from the papers I have used which were a win from More Than Words a while ago.. you can find the challenge on FACEBOOK HERE!!!

And while I had some bits from those papers I decided to create a card for the challenge at FEELING SKETCHY #146 which looks like..
I just went with the circle element on my card using doileys..  and it looks like..

For you..

I fussy cut out some of the roses from the papers, as well as some die cut leaves and doiley.

Thank you for dropping by and thank you so very much to those who leave a comment too..




17 comments:

  1. So soft and pretty. Love how you layer your pieces. :)
    Happy rest-of-the-week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, VERY pretty, soft, adorable card.....really love it! And your page is super gorgeous! It's nice to see how you used that mood board in NOT a wedding style LO! I reckon it ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzy! I hope all is well with you and your wonderful family. I love both projects here - the card is stunning and I absolutely LOVE the layout that you made. The photo is one of my favs!!! You scrapped it to perfection here!! I agree with Lizzy - I really like how you did NOT make a wedding layout - your creativity really shines here, my friend! And thanks, as always, for your visit to my blog - I always love your comments! HUGS to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used your papers for a photo of your daughter and her horse. Something similar just happened in our family and it makes the heart so sad. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizzy - love the card which you made from scraps left over from your layout (which is gorgeous by the way!). Great idea to use a doily for the circular element of our sketch. Thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout,Lizzy! I love the soft color palette. The card is very pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Lizzy,Love your card and LO..my PC or blogger playing up today,its keeps moving...no nothing to drink LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning layout Lizzy, your take on the Mood Board was just perfect and a beautiful keepsake! And a gorgeous card too with beautiful details, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so pretty Lizzy. Love your layout with your beautiful photo. How you have used the rose stencil with the vine coming down looks fabulous, love it .The flairs look perfect amongst your clusters and then your card is gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers and that beautiful photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty and delicate are your cards, and your layout is just wonderful, I love that stencil too :) have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my goodness! How beautiful! A treasure that should be hung on the wall! I love the stenciling and the leaves. Just very beautiful! Terrific job. I hope you have a great week!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my goodness! How beautiful! A treasure that should be hung on the wall! I love the stenciling and the leaves. Just very beautiful! Terrific job. I hope you have a great week!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW, your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining our Feeling Sketchy challenge this fortnight. Good luck and please come back again soon!
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    FEELING SKETCHY DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your card very much and I like how you take our sketch :-))
    Thank you for entering at Feeling Sketchy this time! Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty Layout Lizzy, you have framed the gorgeous photo perfectly! Love the beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!