Wednesday, August 10, 2016

KRAFT + - TASSEL TIME!!

Hello there,
on this Wednesday, another week half way through.. I hope you are having a great week!

The layout I would like to share with you is created for this months challenge over at KRAFT +  and it is...
to use Kraft as the base and some tassels..  humm I didnt have any tassels, so I watched a few you tube videos and thought I would have a crack at making my own.. Well the first one was very malnourished, so the next few I made a lot fatter and I have used two of those on my layout as well as then remembering I had a tassel die which I have used as well... I made my tassels out of crochet cotton.

some closer views..
The tassel die..
My hand made tassels..

29
Yes my second child turned 29 a couple of weeks ago... we are all getting older!!!  I have used old papers, some stencilling, some chipboard painted with black gesso and flowers.. Thanks again to KRAFT + for another great challenge, now that I know how to made tassels I just might use them on my work again some time!!

Thanks so much for dropping on by, and thank you for your comments which I do love to read..



16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great page! The colours look amazing against the kraft background and I also love the tassels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job creating your tassels Lizzy and I can't believe you have a tassel die !lol. The touches of black look great and a beautiful photo of your daughter. Hope you are having a good week
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lizzy this is just stunning!! Well done you for making your own, as you know I was very slack and went shopping lol! Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creating Lizzy, love all the Tassles. I was thinking of watching a few videos too! Great photo of your daughter! Enjoy what is left of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all the tassels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic page, Lizzy! Your tassels look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Undernourished you say? I almost splattered my mouth full of tea all over the computer. Droll - very droll! Such a clever page with your trademark layering at attention to detail. Love the pops of black against the florals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaaaa! That tassle or two sure WERE worth the hassle! They look gorgeous!!! And lovely and fulsome. That black looks great against the pink and kraft colours and your girls really are the prettiest in that land! And at least you found the tassle die BEFORE you finished the challenge. YAY! To that!!! Thanks for joining us at K+!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Ha!! Would have loved to have seen those 'undernourished' tassles .. so funny!! The two you've used here certainly look very well fed and totally gorgeous!! Well done!! A really lovely photo .. you certainly do have the most beautiful daughters Lizzy. Love this page! The pops of black agains the kraft bg and the pink layers looks superb and I love the tassle dies too .. so cute! Fabulous page!! Another week gone .. can't believe how fast they are flying by. Enjoy the weekend Lizzy .. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page...your tassles turned out really well! ;-) The photo of your daughter is gorgeous and love the pretty layers and blooms surrounding the photo. I love that punched border...I have the exact punch and really need to use it more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome tassel making skills Lizzy, all my homemade ones were the size to go on curtains...lol way to big for a layout. Loving that die though, imagine having that in your stash. Gorgeous photo and lovely colour selection for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely photo of your daughter,wish I could make tassels like you,love the diecuts also.My daughter turned 50 last week,goodness I do feel old 😍Thank you for always visiting my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic layout, so much depth and beautiful layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How gorgeous are your tassels, I love them! I also love your background with the stencils & black gesso, so fabulous. As always, such a beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome use of the tassels and a gorgeous page! Thanks for playing along at Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little message.. I do appreciate it!!